About Me

My photo
Cullowhee, NC, United States
Hi. My name is Amy. I go to Western Carolina University, I'm majoring in Elementary Education, and minoring in Sociology. I love the south, and pearls. If you want to know more, just ask. :)

Welcome to the story of my life!

:)

7.06.2010

My life.

So, I've always tried to get involved in this whole blogging thing. After many hours of debating whether I should get one or not, I finally fell into temptation, and signed up for one. :)

My goal for this blog is for me to write in, tell all my thoughts, get on a soap box, have venting sessions, talk about whats going on in my life, what has happened before in my life, etc. Basically when you read this, I want you to know exactly what is going on in my head. So since it's my first official blog on this site (I've had 2 before, and clearly those didn't work out) I have decided to give a little bit of info on what I am currently doing in my life.

I am a junior at Western Carolina University, studying Elementary Education, and also minoring in Sociology. I love Western. It's a tiny school, but I love it. In a way, it's good for me to be at a small school, I focus more, because, well, there is nothing to do. ha.

Another big thing that is happening in my life right now is working at Camp Tekoa for my third summer. I am the Day Camp Director, and out of the three summers I've been there, this job is my absolute favorite. My days go from 6:45 a.m.-5 p.m. every day, so needless to say, by the end of the day I'm exhausted. I love every aspect of my job, hanging out with the kids, talking with parents, and being there for the staff who are with me in Day Camp that week.

This week is my week off at Camp. My family is staying at Holden Beach till Saturday. It has been nice to just have some R&R, and not have any obligations for the day/evening. Tomorrow I'm meeting up with Katie, a former co-worker of mine from camp, over in Wilmington for supper. Before that, I'm getting a pedicure, and doing a little bit of retail therapy before dinner. Super excited about that.

Ok. That was fun. Now I have to keep my motivation up to actually keep this thing up, and running.

Y'all have a good night. :)

- Amy Annette

2 comments:

  1. So... I'm your first blog follower! How exciting is that?! LOVE that you're doing a blog. Sean asked me the other day if he was the funniest person that I knew and I said, "No, Amy Motley is." True Story. I miss your face. Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. retail therapy? LOVE IT! Can we have some of that when you get back to Asheville?

    ReplyDelete